ESR eGuide is the ESR’s new educational project, which brings the power of ESR iGuide as an e-learning tool to universities and continuing medical education.
Taking a long-term approach to improving appropriateness in medical imaging, the main purpose of this project is to educate doctors-in-training about appropriate imaging using evidence-based referral guidelines, while introducing the concept of clinical decision support and familiarising them with a technology they will encounter in their professional careers. The ESR eGuide project is part of the implementation of the EuroSafe Imaging Call for Action with regard to Action 1 on clinical decision support and Action 8 focusing on educational activites including the development of e-learning tools.
The objectives of ESR eGuide are:
- Improving the quality of medical education with regard to diagnostic imaging
- Educating medical students about the appropriateness of different imaging modalities for given clinical indications
- Familiarising medical students with CDS technology
- Demonstrating the efficacy and utility of CDS
- Reinforcing the concept of evidence-based medicine
ESR eGuide will provide users with practical case-based clinical scenarios with multiple-choice answers, to be solved using referral guidelines through ESR iGuide CDS system, accessed via the ESR’s e-learning platform Education on Demand.