Click on the links below to access the Tips & Tricks for CT.
You may also look at the ESR’s e-learning platform Education on Demand (search for ‘Tips & Tricks’). Check the Tips & Tricks, take the questionnaires afterwards to test your knowledge and earn e-CME points.
- To shield or not to shield? (December 2019)
- Ultra-low dose emergency chest CT (September 2019)
- Dose saving options in maxillofacial trauma (June 2019)
- First aid kit for complying with the radiation protection requirements in a CT ward (Apr 2019)
- Breast Bismuth Shields: Should they be used? (Jan 2019)
- Trauma board in CT examinations – effect on dose and image quality (Oct 2018)
- Automatic exposure control (Sept 2018)
- Repeated CT examinations on paediatric patients – what are the risks? (May 2018)
- CT in pregnancy (Feb 2018)
- Composed images using dual energy CT (Dec 2017)
- Organ based tube current modulation to reduce radiation dose to superficial radiosensitive Organs (Oct 2017)
- On the use of Diagnostic Reference Levels in CT (July 2017)
- Spectral shaping by tin prefiltration (May 2017)
- Optimization of scan length to reduce CT radiation dose (Jan 2017)
- The use of bi-phase injection protocols to reduce the number of acquisition phases and radiation dose (Sept 2016)
- Iterative reconstructions in CT (May 2016)
- Optimisation of kilovoltage according to patient size and contrast enhancement (Jan 2016)
- Reminder of the importance of the appropriate patient centering to scan isocenter in CT scans (Sept 2015)
All content provided by Ask EuroSafe Imaging is for general information only, and should not be treated as a substitute for the medical advice of your doctor or any other healthcare professional. EuroSafe Imaging is not responsible or liable for any diagnosis made by a user based on the content of this site. EuroSafe Imaging is not liable for the contents of any external internet sites listed, nor does it endorse any commercial product or service mentioned or advised on any of the sites.