The EUCLID project aims at advancing the optimisation of radiation protection of patients in Europe. Thus, the project will provide up-to-date clinical DRLs for the most important, from a radiation protection perspective, x-ray imaging tasks in Europe. In addition, it should stimulate national and local efforts in this area.
The specific objectives of this project are to:
- Conduct a European DRL survey for x-ray imaging of adults following the methodology as predefined by the project team;
- Specify up-to-date clinical DRLs for the most important, from a radiation protection perspective, x-ray imaging tasks in Europe;
- Organise a workshop to disseminate and discuss the results of this project with Member States and the relevant national, European and international stakeholders and to identify the need for further national and local actions on establishing, updating and using DRLs.
To fulfil these objectives, this project will especially rely on:
- An External Advisory Panel that will be consulted on the main project activities and outcomes;
- A Scientific Board that will verify the used data sources;
- Interaction with the Steering Group established by the Directorate-General for Energy from the European Commission with other Directorates concerned to review and approve the reports and the study;
- The networks of the tenderer and their experts;
- A workshop to disseminate and discuss the results of this project.